Tuesday, June 29, 2010

School

Yes, after being away from school 37 years, I decided it was time to finish that degree.  I took the plunge, ordered a class and it got here on Saturday.  I opened up the syllabus yesterday morning and nearly had a panic attack!  16 lessons, 8 speedback assignments (quizzes for those from the prehistoric era), 8 papers, 1 book response, a proctored midcourse exam, and finally a proctored final exam.  After a few minutes of hyperventilation, I finally peeled myself off the ceiling and started the positive self talk, "I can do this.  I can manage my time and fit this in.  This is something I am doing for me.  This is doable."  Yeah, right. Anyway, I gave myself 1 week to do the first lesson and paper.  They are now done on day 2.  The paper doesn't get turned in until the very end of the class, but I did get all the questions right on the quiz for an A.  OK, OK, it was an open book quiz, but still......

2 comments:

jjp said...

I still can't bring myself to sign up for a class. It's been 8 years since I've in one.

Tara said...

Good for you. You totally can do it. You're way smarter than all those 19 year olds in school.